View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2012, 21:04

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Pedal Mounting Plate - Part 2:
Despite taking an extra photo of the area, I forgot to mention this in my last post.

The front ends of the pedal mountings stick out beyond the edge of the mounting plate / framework.
I haven't test fitted the body since mounting these, but I think they require more room than is available.
( Note: They were only mounted so I could sort out the holes & will be removed again soon. )

I remembered DonnySoutherner having some sort of pedal clearance issues on his build.
So I re-read the thread and he had to cut the front of the pedal mounting brackets off.

Quote - Modified pedal bracket (front cut away otherwise won't fit).

The only other photos I've seen of this area come from AndyP57's demonstrator build.
I can see his pedals are also mounted from above & do not use the front bulk head bolts.

Either way, I'm pretty sure that 6 bolts through the metal plate will be more than enough to hold them.
I just need to decide whether the pedal mounts or the bulkhead will need to be "adjusted".

Plywood Panels:
I ended up using a spreadsheet to layout the maximum size of each cockpit panel required....

It looks like they will all fit on a single large sheet (2.44m x 1.22m) with a little bit left over.
There also some handy "cut here" points that will leave me with 4 sections that will fit in my car.
I'll make more accurate cardboard templates when the time comes to take account of the "fiddly bits".
I'll also double check my measurements to ensure I haven't made a howling error in the layout.

I also realised that I was mixing up Exterior ply with Marine ply and they are not quite the same thing.
I might post a question on the forum about the various ways different builders have sealed their panels.

Cheers, Paul.

Replies:
MoriniMan - Thanks for the offer, I will definitely give you a shout if I get stuck.