View Single Post
Old 12th January 2013, 20:58

seanick is on a distinguished road
Default Wipers

Still loads to do until I glue the front on. Had a go at the wipers today. Although Tribute suggest extending the spindles, I had a hope that they may just move up. The linkages have lovely ball joints, but seeing as access is reduced I do not want to compromise Mazdas reliable components then not be able to get at them. Chris at Tribute designed the body to cover part of the glass to reduce the area of the screen and increase the length of the bonnet. Far more correct for the right look so I decided against cutting it back to the original bonnet line.

[IMG][/IMG]

So I made up a couple of 2mm stainless steel mounts that move the spindles out about 34mm. When fitted some of the original mount needed to be massaged down a bit to give clearance, but overall so far so good. A bit of the water cover on the fan needed bit removed, plus the flange for the PHD wiper position.[IMG][/IMG]

Refitted the body and popped the holes through.

[IMG][/IMG]

Just need to decide now to either fit the converters to old style wiper arms or stick with these and get them chromed.

I may need to mould in a recess. Here is the corner of a paint tray which would make a perfect mold (mould?). May do that tomorrow. Workshop was getting chilly this evening!
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by seanick; 12th January 2013 at 21:18..