View Single Post
Old 16th May 2013, 08:18

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

To me it looks like the starting price is about what it could cost to put the package together yourself if you bought a ready stripped donor.

Just bear in mind that many of us effectively got our donors free as we made more back from selling the redundant parts than we paid for the whole car to start with.

With this one, a lot of the saleable parts have already gone (my bonnet alone fetched £311 on ebay ). As it seems to be missing the internal frame and perspex screen, you'd need to allow two or three hundred pounds for those essentials too.

Having said that, some people like the simplicity of having someone else do the donkey work stripping the donor (Gary J sold quite a few packages like that) so it could be an easy way into Spyder ownership for someone looking to save time rather than money.

As for the extras with the kit, the exhausts look nice and although I do like the look of the Dino dash, it would take quite a bit of fabrication to make it fit above the steering column, although I suppose it would 'bolt in' in the centre of the dash easily enough.

Whoever does buy it, it'd be nice to see a build thread on here...