View Single Post
Old 27th May 2013, 07:30

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Mister Towed - You have no idea how happy I was when my welding passed the hammer test.
Your "can do" approach to all the new skills you have learnt while building your car really helps me.

Ironically, the fact that the internal framework is "wonky" in places is actually encouraging me as well.
I can stop worrying about perfection, when "near enough" seems to have been the factory standard.

Finally, I'm really glad that you are pressing on with your painting & I am looking forward to seeing it done.
It is clear to me that your body shell is definitely a much higher quality product compared to mine.
Which means that I will have to take a heat gun to it at some point (although I am not looking forward to that).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday Supplement:
There is one other thing I want to cover following yesterday's work...

I had seen this photo of the new Navigator MkII body shell under development on Viatron's thread...

I think the deep lip around the rear cockpit looks really good compared to the photos of mine I took yesterday...

This "step" was already cut into the rear cockpit lip when the kit was originally delivered...

So if I end up cutting this section out to fit the body work over the frame I will try to make the lip deeper all around.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Right, I have a few domestic things to take care of before I can work on the car, so I'd better go.

Cheers, Paul.