Thread: Air Compressor
View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2014, 07:18

Viatron is on a distinguished road

Machine mart occasionally do VAT Free days for customers, the voucher comes via email, if your still in the market I would be happy to forward my voucher when it turns up next, problem is they appear pretty randomly.

We have a 150Litre Clarke I our workshop, does everything ok and is the industrial model, cost me £350 second hand but the industrial stuff is better built than the DIY range and it had had very little use. We do have a blasting cabinet that would empty it very quickly so bought a second 150Litre compressor that the compressor had blown up on for not a lot and piped the 2 together so we now have 300 litres if we need to do any blasting.

Like all workshop equipment buy the best you can afford, often a good make second hand will be a better long term bet than a cheap new item. Check spares availability as well, got a few mates on other forums who have saved about £150 over what I paid for my Tig setup from R-Tech but when they ran into problems there was no spares or backup availability and they ended up scrapping them.

HTH
Mac