View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2014, 08:21

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Scottie - Thanks.
I am actually enjoying the wiring and now have a much better idea how it all joins up.
Also, I really like the look of those connecting blocks from AES (Auto Electrical Supplies).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I know I am supposed to be doing other things, but I loved the photos in yesterday's "Ribble News".

Car #274 is a Pilot/Spyder body with a Navigator/Cordite bonnet fitted.

I have similar alloy wheels, the same type of chrome bullet side mirrors, similar lighting, etc.

So this actually gives a pretty good impression of what I am trying to achieve.

Although, I prefer to use racing roundels if I decide to put #7 (Cordite kit number) on my car.

The other thing I like about this is the way the front indicator still looks good at a downward angle.

I'd rejected this idea when I tested it with my, much larger, Land Rover rear indicator lens a long time ago.

But I now have the same classic mini front indicators to use and so I will copy this idea.

Yes, I know, it was only a few days ago that I said I would copy Micky1Mo's indicators in the grille idea.

Perhaps I should drill some holes in the bonnet straightaway before any more photos are published!

Finally, I had also got to the bottom of the retaining the headlight rim (see Mac's build).

The 1500 used a different headlight fitting altogether, so I'd order two second hand ones.

But one came with a hole for a fixing screw and one didn't.

Anyway, I had brought a complete headlight assembly indoors when working on the wiring loom.

But a quick check with Rimmer Brothers showed I was missing the retaining clip in this photo.

So I need to see if I set up something that will work with the box of clips I have.

Plus I will need to drill a hole in the headlight rim that currently doesn't have one.

Anyway, that all for now, as I really need to go.

Cheers, Paul.