View Single Post
Old 1st June 2014, 20:17

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Mike - Cheers. Despite everything taking so long, at least I'm still moving forward.
That garden photo reminds me that some things are worth spending time on to get right.
Finally, do you have any tips for getting fibre glass matting to go around edges?

Scottie - It is only when I think about a deadline that my rate of progress is depressing.
Instead, I must keep my focus on chipping away at the "To Do" list until the car is finished.
Obviously I have no idea when that day will be, as there is still tons to do, but I will get there.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Saturday
We had a very nice family get together yesterday and even though it wasn't very sunny, it was warm enough to sit outside.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday - Part 1:
The fact I still can not seem to get fibreglass matting to go around edges and "stick" is starting to get on my nerves.

So I have now decided to use fibreglass in a number of areas on the rear arches so I can get more practise.

I only mix up 100ml of resin at a time at the moment, as I'm using lots of small sections of matting in different places.

I have continued to build up the repairs section that I've previously been working on.

But I have also started on a few new areas too...

Boot Floor:
The rear tail pipe bracket makes it harder to repair this hole from the "sunny side".

So I am fixing that from underneath.

There isn't an equivalent 'factory' hole on the opposite side of the floor, as a whole rotten section is missing.

But I fixed that is the same way.

Rust Trap:
This section of the arches seems to have been designed with trapping dirt & moisture in mind.

So I dug out a section of my recycled insulating foam and cut that up so that it would fill the gap.

Then I covered the whole lot in fibreglass matting.

As before, this is really an excuse for me to practise different ways of working with fibreglass.

End of Part 1.