View Single Post
Old 12th January 2015, 15:23

Paul L is on a distinguished road

It Is All Relative...
No progress today due to the wind and rain.

However, I did spend some time looking closely at yesterday's bonnet photos, checking if everything looked straight.

The headlight adjustment holes on the driver's wing are now rotated anti-clockwise a little compared to the passenger side.

Which was the result of my various attempts to get a "best fit" position when the two sides aren't mirror images to begin with.

Obviously I wouldn't have drilled the holes when I did if I knew of the wholesale butchery that I would end up doing.

Still, I also managed to dig up this old "before" photo and that has cheered me up a bit.

Even by eye, you can see the big differences between either side of the nose cone, plus the driver's side is definitely higher.

You can also see the differences in the lower valance that Swifty fixed on his bonnet the other day.

This is actually very reassuring as I was beginning to fear I had made a real mess of re-joining the bonnet.

Instead I can stand by my theory that whilst it may not be perfect, it will definitely be an improvement.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Edit:
I've just dug out a copy of Mister Towed's front end for a comparison to the original Spyder which looks much better.

I must say I do love this car and it is a great incentive for me to keep chipping away at mine.

Mac's Beach Viewing:
I know Mac likes to see something car related while enjoying the sunshine.

I saw this link on "Rods 'n' Sods" today for a product placement advert in the style of a hot rod building show.

If you like seeing car builders with great skills using lots of great "toys", you may enjoy this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wteqp_tGKyg

Until next time, take care, Paul.

Last edited by Paul L; 12th January 2015 at 15:31.. Reason: Adding photo of Mr T's bonnet