View Single Post
Old 30th April 2015, 06:55

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Scottie - Cheers. As you well know, all these little jobs take ages, but they all need to be done at some point.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Holding Pattern:
I couldn't co-ordintate my free time with any dry weather to do any work on the car yesterday.

But I did spend a bit of time tidying up the Summer House (again ) and looking at the gearbox cover.

After a bit of playing around, I don't think it will be practical to change the shape of the gear lever bracket to a "simple" ring.

As this would also involve cutting the original rubber seal down to match and I am not sure that would be a good idea.

Note:
I still plan to replace the screws holding the bracket to the cover, with ones to match the false access panel.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not sure how today is going to pan out as my daughters will be at home due to the school closing for their teacher's funeral.

I've also had a few other reminders recently that there is more to life than my car building project.

I'm off to a funeral myself next Tuesday for the mum of one of the people I was in Center Parcs with a few weeks ago.

Plus I'm visiting an old mate in hospital on Friday, as I've just discovered he had a major stoke last week!

Which means a trip to Stoneleigh on Bank Holiday Monday may not be possible, but we will see.

Take care, Paul.