View Single Post
Old 31st May 2015, 23:02

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ed, the dash will evolve over time, I don't have bezels because these dials are from a Mk2 Rover P6 with the plastic dash, I have improvised, because I like the large dials and the speedo gearing should be about right with the Rover SD1 gearbox I am hoping. From the revs and indicated speeds in 4th gear it would seem it's not too far out. The GPS will confirm of course.

I have found a source of bezels but I have a feeling mine will be a non standard size. My ongoing plans include a lathe, once I have a lathe, custom bezels will be child's play!

Much of my frustration during this build has been due to the want of a simple lathe, so I am intending to bite that bullet in the autumn when my finances should catch up with my aspirations.

Again, once I have a lathe it will be easier to create the serrated windscreen swivel fittings. It will also allow me to make my own jenny wheels for a bead roller, which will probably even more useful than the English wheel. All this depends on a bunch of other things slotting into place but I am cautiously optimistic.