View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2015, 20:50

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericholm View Post
Worried.....

I just copied what Hurnleft did:

For me the tech specs don't really tell me much other than its probably alright...any other views?

Looks like this isn't good enough for areas that touch fuel, however as the aluminum pipe is a push fit and the sealant is around the outside edges, the amount of liquid petrol that touch it will be absolutely minimal if any at all, also the tight fit of the pipe wont allow it to go into the tank either, so looks like it should be ok all things considered, I am sad to hear of the trouble you had, can you (Lucky@Lemans) confirm that the issue you had was where the petrol liquid came in contact with the PU18 or equivalent, or did you just use it to seal the pipes so no gas vapour came out like me.

Thanks.
On the robin Hood I had to make a seal between the filler neck ( plastic tube) and the rough edge of the stainless fuel tank. I was quite generous when applying the Sikaflex to make a bead about 1/2" thick around the joint. On that tank there were no baffles so the petrol could slop around . I could only assume that is when petrol would come into contact with it. I replaced the Sikaflex with a proper fuel resistant doughnut type O ring seal in the end.