View Single Post
Old 20th September 2015, 15:31

jones is on a distinguished road

Swifty thanks for that, going to have a bit more of a look into it once I have cut the window aperture down a bit to see what depth I have remaining.

Ned that looks great thanks for sharing, how are getting on with the headlining? you mentioned at the Stoneleigh it was on your list of jobs

Thanks Paul, I have to admit every time I think I am close I find something else on my better to do now than later list.

So no work on the car today, I'm having a day off. However thought I would post some pictures from yesterdays quite slow and frustrating day.

First off was to complete the fuel filler cap and hoses. I don't have any pictures of the doing bit - I had a few days earlier removed the the factory fitted neck flange but carefully grinding to slits down the sides followed by grinding out the spot welds to remove it. This left me with just the main pipe and breather hose section. I connected them via the appropriate hoses. I am one jubilee clip short however, I will get this on my next trip out for supplies.

I have decided to take a different approach to bonding the car and do away with the Polyester based resin and go for what should be a stronger longer lasting if not more expensive option methacrylate based adhesive. We shall see if this was the right choice in due course. The setback to this choice is that I made a stupid assumption that dual applicator guns would be readily available and didn't order it with the glue - this is not the case and had to place an order on Friday that won't be dispatched until Monday so looking at the back end of the week for bonding me thinks.

So with that in mind I looked at a few other jobs, mainly preparing the doors and removing the swage line. I found this the most frustrating task to date on the build and accumulated to make it the first non fun day on the car - removing the underseal paint on the lower half of the door. I also wanted to cover over the wing's dark etch & red primer I had used to help me see the curve of the headlight bowl better. I powdered on with the lighter grey primer to help give me a truer vision with it sitting in one colour. I still have work to do on the blending but I truly had enough at the end of teh day and didn't want to over do it and save it for another day.

So here is the the view at the end of the day.

Last edited by jones; 20th September 2015 at 15:42..