View Single Post
Old 20th December 2015, 21:26

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
Now, I'm not sure of the details, but I believe Chris from Tribute worked quite close to Gary J's workshop, in fact they might even have worked together on one or two projects (that's a guess), and Tribute either took inspiration from Gary J or vice-versa.
A bit of history for you. Gary Janes has been a very good friend of mine for 20+ years. We first meet when I was looking to buy a fibreglass 32 Ford Hot Rod bodyshell, which luckily for me Gary was selling. We found out that we had a mutual passion for Art Deco design cars (20+ years on and neither of us has fulfilled the dream of building such a car........yet.). Years later, about the time Gary started developing his Sammio "concept", I was having similar thoughts about a B*ntl*y. Going to Gary's workshop and discussing kits with him was a huge help to me, for which I am very grateful. Borrowing his then laminator, to help with moulding, was another massive help. Gary's downfall at Sammio was being far too busy, for far too little money. Pricing kits is a very tricky thing. Having the funds to continue with development until you reach "perfection" is also very tricky and the more money/time you invest, the more you need to charge per kit to recover your investment. A wise man once said of customers: "there are a lot of people with a small amount of money, but only a small amount of people with a lot of money".