View Single Post
Old 20th January 2016, 19:26

swifty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think anodyzing was around from the 1920s but may not have been particularly widespread. Given what you have already achieved, have you thought of experimenting yourself -

http://media.rsc.org/Classic%20Chem%20Demos/CCD-17.pdf

I did it with some scooter parts many years ago and it worked. And, yes, you achieve the colour you require using Dylon!
Oxford I did a little research some months ago on this subject which looks to be relatively easy but the problem i have is the length of the screen base which will require boiling in water for 30mins to seal it off and i don't have a pan big enough to do this, the smaller parts will not be a problem. The anodizing tank i thought could be made out of a plastic christmas wrapping paper storage box the type you see for sale in poundland etc.

I had thought that it would be simply a case of going to go to a local company but so far nobody is willing to tackle the job for what ever reasons.

Back to the drawing board on this one.

Quote:
what ever way you go ..its one of the best yet..... love it..... love to see it out with me barry and towed now that be a day ....
Phil Would love to be able to do that but i live many miles away from you three guys, but who knows if the car performs then i may trust it to do a long journey.

Last edited by swifty; 22nd January 2016 at 21:48..