View Single Post
Old 20th April 2016, 20:15

swifty is on a distinguished road

Paul If it make the build that little bit easier then fill your boots.

Finally made a grill to fit in the scoop opening, i had originally made the trim out of square punched sheet but it some how did not look correct so went back to the drawing board and came up with Mk2.

IMG_6646.jpg

Made in two parts with four angled brackets. The silver outer was machined from 3mm ally sheet with mesh for the center infill. The slight miss shape in the outer frame is due to the misshape in the bonnet, one of those Ribble problems!

IMG_6657.jpg

Scoop grill attached to the bonnet, its held in place with polyurethane sealant and the four angle brackets, all hidden inside the bonnet.

Tomorrow the car is booked in with a local tuning guy for him to check the carbs etc out and see if he can squeeze a little more power out of the straight six. He is old school who knows his way around Strombergs and triumphs so hopefully i can learn some tips. IF the weather stays dry then i will also call in to the guy who is making the decals and see what progress he's made.

Had the car out on a number of occasions now and you certainly get a good reaction from people smiling and making positive comments which you clearly hear in the open top to thumbs up from passing motorist, it's one of those cars that you get noticed in so not for the shy retiring type.

Well that's it for now see you all soon.

Last edited by swifty; 20th April 2016 at 20:32..