View Single Post
Old 12th May 2016, 18:29

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
I will be interested to see your hard top solution and find out how it performs. I too plan to have the tribute car as my only transport. My wife will have her own car for when 4 up is required. Like most, i dream of mini tours both in the uk and europe so useability at the cost of sportiness is ok.
Those of you who watched my last build (seems an age ago) know that I built outside in the front drive.
It inspired Paul L to take on his adventure

This time I don't have a drive, which is one of the reasons I didn't start from scratch this time. So after a chat with Chris a modified z300 was the way forward.

But I find it hard to be 150 miles away from the project and I have visited and worked in Tributes workshop on a regular basis. Chris is more skilled than I and he will produce the finished article.

So what to do - idle hands and all
Well for a while I drew design after design which didn't help as I diluted the original design.

After getting stuck in traffic in the Z3 in torrential rain I had plenty of time to look around.
The rear window is tiny, it feels dark and cramped.

Maybe a targa is the answer but the more joins the more a chance to leak.

So a fixed hard top with a large tilt and removable glass panel is the answer.

Im making the buck in the front room, it got a way to go yet but the shape is almost there.