View Single Post
Old 17th May 2016, 19:43

swifty is on a distinguished road

Mark F It could be me as i have posted on a number of forums.

davecymru Cheers.

Ordered the electric fuel pump, it's the su type with electronics rather than points the idea is to mount it next to the fuel tank where its cooler, should be fitted this weekend hopefully.

The Mintex brake pads arrived so need to fit and test, will report back if there's an improvement with the braking.

Still cant leave the car alone been thinking of what to change so decided on a couple of improvements, the first one is as follows.

IMG_6718.jpg

At the minute this gear stick is fitted which I've never been totally happy with so Ive decided to try and make a gate type shift, i think that's what it's called anyway, correct me if i am wrong.

IMG_6716.jpg

First off i worked out the dimensions of a new gear stick, made out of stainless and polished with a mop wheel. Its shorter than the existing ally one i made many months ago about 90mm long plus due to being made from stainless has allowed the shaft diameter to be 7mm where as the ally shaft is 12mm diameter.

IMG_6719.jpg

Next was to work out the dimensions of a box that will mount the gear selector plate to, made out of plastic for now to gauge the size. My intentions are to make the final box out of a billet of ally and leave the ally finish on display.

IMG_6720.jpg

Made a cardboard template for the gear selector plate to trial fit with slight adjustments to suit gear stick movement.

IMG_6721.jpg

Next the outline of the cardboard template was transferred onto a piece of the black plastic which i will machine out on the miller tomorrow to make sure it's correct before setting up to machine the final ally plate gear selector.

Well that's it for now see you all soon.

Last edited by swifty; 17th May 2016 at 20:35..