View Single Post
Old 19th May 2016, 18:14

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Gary -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Rebuilding Starts…
I had a quick look at the bottom edge of what is left of the bonnet.

I will be chopping a section of this off and re-joining it as it currently sticks out a bit too much.

Note:
Obviously, this whole corner needs to be finished off, but the arch work comes first.

Anyway, before I started worrying about cutting up more of the bonnet, I wanted fix some of the other panels in place first.

The problem is there are just too many different angles to take into account to do this all in one go.

So I decided to fix part of the trailing edge first.

Along with the start of the leading edge too.

Note:
The return lip will be given a major trim when I have finished joining the arch back together.

Then I decided to join the three top edge sections together away from the car.

One short (100ml) fibreglassing session later and all three sections were done and the top edge is now acting as a single piece.

Getting access to the other panels with the wheel still in position was a pain, but it should hold for now.

As I just need these sections to be stable so I can bolt the next pieces to them, without everything wobbling.

Sorry, there was no way to get a decent photo of the "dark side" of the panel where the matting was added.

I should have a bit of extra car time available tomorrow, so hopefully I can keep the momentum going.

Until then, take care, Paul.