View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2016, 08:32

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

I think the pictures of Mr Towed's car and Jeff H's pictured just after being painted highlights the differences between home and professional painting standards. This is what the forum is about, to give builders hints and tips.

I'm trying to do mine on the cheap but most 250swb builders are going to be spending £4>£5k on the kit, 2k ish on a donor another £1>£3k on all the goodies including lights and wheels. So I would imagine most people would want a quality paint job to finish it off properly. Andy Shamrock has done a couple of very nice builds and the last one went straight up for sale at what I would imagine was a reasonable profit. Some of the early 250GTO kits have been on Ebay with shabby paint jobs at very low prices.

This applies for the Tribute kits, obviously the Sammio kits are much cheaper to buy, maybe this is why you may want a cheaper paint job, but if you post about Sammio kits in the Tribute build area at every opportunity you may get different opinions posted.
Saying that, it's a brave man who posts a picture of himself whilst wearing a bandana!

Chris seems to be busier than ever and his delivery time is getting longer. I feel this is partly due to Newbodies finished cars, give him his due, the finished cars look very good and I think have pushed them up a notch. I wasn't really ready to go ahead with mine but I could see demand growing, with Stoneleigh and a build in kit car magazine coming up I could see the waiting list extending greatly. Newbody is booked out for 2>3 months ahead so it seems people do want a nicely finished product. Can't wait to see Eric's.