View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2016, 16:11

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Petrol pipe fitted and glued in place and it looks fine, just dropping down slightly at the top of the wheel arch but the inner splash liner fits under it so it has enough clearance.
Had a play with the bonnet, made up a couple of plates with a M8 stud. Fitted them to the two plates ate the rear of the bonnet. When I offered up the bonnet it was a little low in the centre at the rear so I cut a slice, bent the bonnet slightly with the ratchet strap and used builders band again to check the curvature before bonding.
Just put some isopod on top of the plates and then fitted the bonnet on top giving a firm push. When it had dried I went over the top with some matting.
While I was playing with the bonnet I glassed some matting under the bonnet vent, this gives the vent a bit of depth and doesn't look quite so GRPish. I intend to cut a thin slot in it about 30mm back from the aperture and slide some mesh into it. Hopefully it should look quite neat.

To finish the day off I had a play with the exhaust. I only want a single rear pipe so that I can still keep the spare wheel. I simply cut the rear pipe as close to the rear of the rear box. Just need to fit a rear hanger.
I hunted around on Ebay and found a suitable rear box, £76 inc delivery but they were local so I thought I would pick it up and try and save a little with some crispy pound notes. They didn't have it in stock but he gave me their trade website, came down to £42!
So the total bill for the exhaust including a bit of pipe, claps and delivery was less than £80.
If you look closely you will see that the existing pipe enters at the top of the new box and exits at the bottom. This give just enough drop to clear the rear bodywork. It's a bit quieter than I had hoped so I may drill a hole at the end and see If I can remove some packing. I can then fit a rivnut and fit a bolt to re seal it again, or leave the bolt out and just replace it at MOT's.
The website for anyone who is interested is
www.profusionexhasts.com

Need to scurf off all the lose rust underneath, use a rust converter and a coat of hammerite

Last edited by Jaguartvr; 25th September 2016 at 11:30..