Thread: 250 swb build
View Single Post
Old 18th November 2016, 07:19

smash is on a distinguished road

Wow! What a difference a rear window makes - if you're looking to replicate the original then that rear end is streets ahead of any other Tribute out there. An unbelievable difference - massive reduction in the slabby looking weight of the buttresses and looks far more curvy somehow.

Shuts look fantastic, paint always hard to gauge in pics but reflections look pinstripe and reflections remarkable true - especially over troublesome door skins. I know how many man hours have gone into this but not a single one wasted - hats off!

If you could supply it as a retrospective mod for built cars I suspect you'd have a big queue.

From the sound of it the customer is throwing some substantial money in, what with custom Borani's and also it will be the first coupe with bumpers. Once complete it has to be the one to beat.

The one thing I'm not keen on and never have been (but its down to the kit) is the window frames but there's nothing you can really do about that.

Testament to your skills that your techniques and mods are already being copied in other builds. Amazing to see how the builds are coming on in terms of finesse now

Love the Triumph boot handle - can I retro fit that in place my mini one?

PS Sorry to those of you whose hearts have sunk seeing my name appear again...

Last edited by smash; 18th November 2016 at 07:26..