View Single Post
Old 4th September 2017, 05:44

Welshkiwi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
If you remove the electric seat mechanism and go with a low profile manual seat runner you should be able to gain a fair bit of head room. I'm driving a standard Z3 at the moment and I'm 6 2". I find the driving position a bit short with my knees bent up a fair bit. The door card pocket wedges against my shin and the tunnel top is up against my leg on the other side, that's with the seat right back ! There's a section of trim I removed from above the pedals which has given my size 12's a bit more space !
Cheers LLM. I was certainly thinking along the lines of swapping the seat mech out and a slimmer seat if needs be. My issue is being in NZ I can't try any of the options out myself so was using your experiences as guinea pigs! Hope you don't mind. It will be the headroom that is my concern, legs whilst important I can play with the recline a bit and get that bit right. Plus my old Dax Rush was a pig for leg position but I still had a smile on my face! Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
I think the 275 has a slightly different roof from the 250.
Yep you are right Barber, kidges 275GTB is slightly taller in the roof than the SWB. Chris made some adjustments for that build to suit kidges requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post
Sounds like things are moving forward for you ..good news ...

How do you stand with the VAT now applicable to the kit price ? Do you still have to pay it in NZ .?
Cheers!, I should be ok with the VAT, it can be "zero rated" for exports. Chris will have to keep the proof of export so the customs and excise don't come knocking on his door!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
Is there now VAT on Tributes? Hadn't heard anything about it.

Just checked the Tribute website and VAT is now payable.
I hear you JagTVR. It will make the local kit a little less desirable for some, but I concur with Barber, the ones who really want to build a special car won't be worried by the VAT bill. Maybe a simpler version/more contemporary car style could be put together by Chris at a lower price point for the guys who want to have a different style to their car without the full replica expense. Might work......