View Single Post
Old 28th October 2017, 18:42

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Saturday - Odd Jobs:
After another hectic week at work, there was a lot of domestic stuff for me to do today.

Still, I did get a chance to do some car work in the late afternoon and every job done is a step closer to the finish line.

Unfortunately, I had to start by re-fitting a couple of the boot lid locks as they were rotating the wrong way.

Thankfully, it didn't take too long to sort that out.

At this point I should point out that I still haven't removed all the messy masking tape around the boot rain channel.

But despite this, adding the boot lid makes a big difference to the way the car looks.

The light was already starting to fade at this point, so the photos are showing some funny shades of green.

If I was being brutally honest, I would say the boot lid panel gaps have got worse during the painting process.

I then had to re-do another job, as the spacers on the driver's side front indicator were twisted.

So these needed to be turned slightly to ensure the lens would sit nicely.

I then started the car up again and this simple task still brings a smile to my face.

Then with the engine running, I was able to start testing some of the electrics.

I then double checked both the rear indicator and rear stop/tail lights using the old lights on both sides.

End of Part 1…