View Single Post
Old 16th April 2015, 19:08

Scottie22 is on a distinguished road
Default Thursday

Thanks for that Paul, I'll have a peek.

WCA, I have posted a couple of pics of my compressor and spray gun for you to see.
I have worked a bit on my headlight bowls, but don't really think the extra work is justified. How come your bowls upset you so much?

Mr Towed, that website is not my local supplier, it was just one that I found that sold the paint online.

Yes I think you do need to know what colour you want, I went to this local chap and looked at colour swatches, chose Connaught green, and he mixed it up for me in that acrylic stuff. As far as I know they can do any colour.

The name of my supplier is Border Automotive, and they are on 01432 265305. The guy's name is Phil, and he is very helpful, give him a call.

Today I rubbed down the one run I had on the bonnet, and also some more bonnet patches, but mainly I worked on the back half of the car.

I rubbed it down with G3, then T cut, as there were a few slight orange peely bits. It now does not have that "just painted" look, and almost looks like it could be the original 1950's paint. I have not polished it yet, that will come later.

The back half of the car is now finished, it is not perfect and there are a few small marks, and insect imprints etc. But you'd have to look hard to see them, and I can live with that. The overall impression is okay.

So I put all the lights and bumpers back on, and was pleased with the result.

The main difference between my car's rear and a real one, is around three million quid...........

So its just the front half now........

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]