Thread: Woodie roadster
View Single Post
Old 17th August 2016, 09:08

Yeterfer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wqqdster View Post
I built this car in 76-77, initially with a VDub engine. In 1980 I drove it from San Francisco to New York City and back, putting 8,000 miles on it in a month. I swapped in a '68 Corvair and roll bar when I got back and continued to drive it all over California and the western states.

Kids were born in the mid and late 80's so the car sat for several years. In 95 my oldest son and I restored it, making some changes to the shape and making improvements (disc brakes being the best change) My son and I drove it on Americruise in 2000 from San Fran to Lincoln, Nebraska to Idaho and home.

In 2002 it won 'Car of the Show' at the Handcrafted Car Show at Knott's Berry Farm.

The only major change recently is the addition of a top.... I'm too old for multi-hundred mile topless cruising!

It has over 50,000 miles on it and the engine just dropped a valve seat. I found a couple 140 hp engines and will be swapping the heads over after reconditioning. Looking forward to driving it again soon.

Kinda cool still having it after almost 40 years.....

Gary O

wooh! It's amazing! I hope I can see a wooden track style nose on this. Thanks for sharing anyway!