Thread: The Kebab
View Single Post
Old 26th September 2015, 16:16

hurnleft is on a distinguished road

After a period with little progress, I've moved things on a bit this week.

Yesterday I collected a black dashboard and lower panels and will soon be getting black seats and carpets from the same guy. It's going to be a lot easier than recolouring the beige stuff I have.

He has an M series Z3 which he bought stripped so bought another Z3 for parts for it. Then another, and another. This is just a hobby so he admits he's not the fastest at getting things sent, but he has quite a lot of stuff for sale including a hardtop. He may also be interested in a p/x deal with items we don't need My panels all got sold in one lot but he's doing a deal with my beige interior as I won't want it.
Contact is Les 07768418494. He's near Hunstanton in Norfolk.

I've started restoring the new steering wheel which I hope will look good when done. My original wood rim will be for sale eventually for £30 if anyone's interested.

Today I've been at a mate's (Thanks Graham) having some fibreglass work done. Finishing off with a little filler is still needed but I'm pleased with how it's turned out so far.

The bonnet was fixed in place and adjusted with wooden wedges to get it and the surrounding panels reasonably level. It was then fibreglassed in place from the rear but leaving a groove to give the impression that the bonnet still opens. An idea which came from Andy (Ericholm)

The rear reflectors have been relocated in a cut out next to the rear lights. I hope the new cutout will with flow with the same curves as the original light housings when finished.

A spot light has been set into a mould in the rear panel which will be the new reverse light. (the original rear fog light will later be relocated out of sight).

That's all for now folks.

Cheers, Bob.

Last edited by hurnleft; 26th September 2015 at 18:28..