View Single Post
Old 27th August 2016, 21:38

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Epic Saturday - Part 4:
The MOT station was 4 miles away and I barely made it into 3rd gear and certainly not 4th.

The car clearly hasn't been driven any distance in over 10 years (it was an abandoned project when I bought it).

So it was a bit jerky in places and the route there is a pot-holed / speed bump invested mess.

I was being uber-careful, yet I still had to try very hard not to be grinning like a demented lunatic.

The rear view mirror is excellent, the driver's side mirror is OK & the passenger side mirror is shiny.

I quite like the way you have to man-handle the steering, it seems to add to the overall experience.

But I was very happy to arrive at my destination, safe & sound.

Which also came me my first car park photo.

I was given permission to watch/help with the test.
( E.g. Operating the brakes, as the tester worked the rollers. )

While it was on the ramp I managed to get a couple of photos too.

As for the test itself, there is good news and bad news.

Bad News
- It was a fail.

Good News
- It only failed on two items, which were exhaust emissions (which was to be expected I guess) and the anti-roll bar linkage was insecure (something I hadn't really looked at).
- I got to drive it home again and I will be able to drive it back when I book it in for them to set the carbs to pass the test.

Unfortunately, no sooner had I got back from the MOT, but it was a family trip to IKEA.

I was still building flat packs at 9.30pm, with more to be done tomorrow.

So I am a bit frazzled at the moment and will provide some more feedback another day.

Until next time, take care, Paul.