Thread: deggsy's A352
View Single Post
Old 29th August 2016, 11:28

IanA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deggsy View Post
...I'm rubbish at setting these things up properly ...
Easy when you know how.

Check that the needles have the same markings and aren't bent and that the dashpots have fresh oil.

Remove the two pipes leading to the rocker box and point them into a handy container. Connect the two carb outlets with clear plastic tubing. Loosen the carb linkage so that the throttles can be moved independently. With the engine running, if they are out of balance you will be able to see fuel running from one carb to the other. Adjust the throttles until that doesn't happen. Tighten the linkage between. Replace the two black pipes.

For mixture, equalise the jet settings- ie same number of turns down from maximum weakness (1.5 from memory).

Then, I've always done this whilst driving, with the revs at 2000-ish, floor the pedal. The speed should pick up smoothly. If it bogs down, mixture is too rich so tighten jets ie move them up half a turn. If it coughs, mixture is too weak so loosen jets ie move them down half a turn.

That last bit probably won't work unless the engine is under load so you couldn't just set the idle speed in the garage whilst stationary and try it.

Hope this helps !!!

I've only ever tuned Webers with a Colourtune.