Thread: Lancelot Link
View Single Post
Old 20th March 2016, 08:12

Paul L is on a distinguished road
Default Lancelot Link

Rather than hijack Micky1Mo's V8 Sammio thread, I am replying to a message posted there on this thread.

I've tried to bite my tongue for the sake of the forum (not always successfully), but this childish deception needs to end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post
I havent seen or heard from The Shadow for ages ...I think hes moved away , possibly overseas ...not sure.
El Primer I see most days , bloody nice bloke ...
Gary - Will you stand by this quote and swear on your honour that Lancelot Link, El Primer & The Shadow are three different people in real life?

Oxford1360 says that you are posting messages on this forum using at least two sock puppets* and I believe him.

Another forum user also confirmed this, but I've tried to respect that user’s wishes that this did not become common knowledge.

Whilst I am pretty sure you think this is all just a bit harmless fun, and let’s face it, an internet kit car forum is hardly a matter of life and death.

Where we differ, is that I think you are treating the people on this forum, many of whom are still building your cars, with complete contempt.

Apologies to everyone else for bringing this to a head on a Sunday morning.
( Especially as I’ve got to head off now and do some other chores. )

Paul.

* Wikipedia - A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term, a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock, originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an Internet community who spoke to, or about, themselves while pretending to be another person.[1] The term now includes other misleading uses of online identities, such as those created to praise, defend or support a person or organization,[2] to manipulate public opinion,[3] or to circumvent a suspension or ban from a website. A significant difference between the use of a pseudonym[4] and the creation of a sockpuppet is that the sockpuppet poses as an independent third-party unaffiliated with the puppeteer. Many online communities attempt to block sockpuppets.
Available from eBay