View Single Post
Old 24th March 2012, 13:03

The 1958 Rocker is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Thanks

Guys, thanks to you all. Regarding the bolts going up into the tub, none there. Got the handbrake bit done a real doddle. I thought "what are these guys all on about?" Rest assured once I realised there were two bolts on each of the boot floor riggers (if the rigger was still there) the whole lot came of a piece of cake. Thought you guys were making a fuss, but accepted that I was actually very lucky OR SO I THOUGHT!!! It would have been probably the easiest tub removal on this site until I struggled and struggled, and then realised some clever devil had welded the tub to the side rails!!! Probably more secure than the factory arrangement. I have taken some photos, and will upload them shortly, just waiting for someone to do the "Sammio site sitting in my chassis photo".

Thanks again for your help and encouragement. I am sure some tubs come off easier than others and this was going so well it was destined in Sammio land to stall part way through. Still we just get on and do it!! Otherwise we would all save up and buy a boring one size fits all ready to serve read the million page manual type car, which is ok for some, but that is why Gary made the Sammio and its relations and more importantly why WE all want one!!

Thanks Guys

Photos soon