View Single Post
Old 25th March 2012, 09:39

The 1958 Rocker is on a distinguished road
Default Support

Hi guys, thanks for your support (bit like saying to your wife you look lovely in that dress when you're thinking which way do I answer this one?) Ha ha ha. The chassis if F***** in a serious way, but after fitting a new fuel pump, cleaning the points and running from fresh fuel, it started second turn of the key and ran the best I can ever remember hearing a herald engine run!! Don't forget I used to work on these when they were no more then two or three years old. Regards the chassis, I did rebuild a series Landrover chassis, and have to say it isn't easy, but anything is possible if you "start at one end and work your way to the other." I can also say if you are lucky "like wot I am" and have a workshop that is about 15' x 28' then total strip down is the only way to go!! (bit dangerous when welding!! ha ha).
Did the Landy in no time, and was seriously pleased with the outcome. Once painted you then get inspired to carry on. The car came with two new outriggers, and I new the rest was poor, so from a chassis point of view not a brilliant choice of donor, but the engine more than makes up for it. I paid £145 for it, the engine oil was still clean and fresh, and it runs like new with no smoke even on first start in 14 years! I'm pleased and definately not dispondant.

Thanks Guys!!