Thread: Darren's MX250
View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2017, 20:24

TAZ is on a distinguished road

Got the rollbar on at the weekend. Cut a few mm out of the rear of the B Pillar Feet, which allowed it to move slightly more rearwards.
Still had a lot of trouble to get the front windshield bolts in as the feet were slightly too close together. Had my son pulling and pushing, but we couldn't get it to flex enough. In the end, I put a bolt in the left side, put some tape around a screwdriver head and levered the foot on the right side using the hole for the bolt. Whilst I did that, my son put a bolt in the other right hand hole. Then it was easy to get the other two bolts in.

I also did flatten the lip for the front wing extenders. It was actually pretty easy using some pliers using them at 45 degrees so that I could get as wide a lateral area as possible with each turn.

I've been looking at the rear boot extender. A few questions here
- On the mk2, I have a wooden baton under the boot extender that should sit on the rear crash can, but doesn't because it is prevented from doing so by the support flanges. I assume that I need to cut slots to allow the boot extender to move forward more?
- what are the points where I should fix and glue? should I glue the baton to the crash can or is there a way to mechanically fix it?
- there will still be gaps between the extender and the rear boot, should I use fibreglass matting to bridge these gaps?