View Single Post
Old 29th May 2016, 21:25

306craig is on a distinguished road

Hi guys, I have had a good couple of days on the car and things are progressing quite nicely. Front end came back off, all electrics for the front lights extended, then set about front end off, on, off, on for trimming to get the height right. Got that to where I am happy and then got the front bonded, bolted and riveted on:

I will wait for tomorrow to take the screws out, give the glue time to go off. Then will get my first skim of chopped strand on there.

In the mean time I got all the front lights wired in and mounted. Had a drama with the left hand indicators - every time I indicated left it didn't work and the wipers came on! Took me over an hour to trace the problem. I took all the heat shrink off my splicings, re-did them, still the same! Turned out to be a bad earth and the indicator was trying to find an earth through the wiper motor???? Anyway all sorted and in.

Tomorrow the forecast is good, so hoping to get a skim of filler on, the other 2 vents cut out on the front and then start shaping an filling ready for the bonnet hinges. All good!!!!

Last edited by 306craig; 12th June 2019 at 21:07..