View Single Post
Old 24th April 2011, 10:51

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabeau3000 View Post
Hi Mac,

This is what I have done to my Mirabeau (same running gear as DGT).
For the front brakes I've put on some fiat coupe/lancia delta integrale front discs which are 284 diameter and 22mm thick and are vented - I think they went straight on to the 124 hubs. I bought some wilwood 4 pot radial mount calipers and machined up some adaptors to suit. Alfa 145 cloverleaf discs are the same dimensions and pcd but have a different height rotor offset but as you would make the caliper adaptor to suit I don't think this matters.

For the rears I was looking for a powerful handbrake caliper which would suit the same discs. After a lot of searching I found the mk2 toyota MR2 (revision 3 SW20 chassis) are perfect but make sure you get the calipers with 22 stamped on them (disc width). I haven't fitted them yet and I still have to make the adaptor plate and probably modify the arm where the cable hooks into - but I am sure this shouldn't be too hard....

Best place I have found for the calipers, pads and discs is Rally Design, they are good. You will have to trawl (carefully) through ebay for the MR2 calipers though as I bought the wrong ones first time round

You may have to change your master cylinder to compensate for the different piston diameters - I have two master cylinders and a balance bar setup on mine.

Jon
Hi there.What model wilwood calipers did you go for-there are so many.I've looked at hi-spec 4 pots radial mount also.
Ian