View Single Post
Old 1st September 2016, 06:16

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Molleur, Lancelot Link, Roadster, Mister Towed, Oxford, JG & WelshOne - Thanks again gentlemen.

I'll cover "giving up" in more detail below, but here are a few other quick replies first:

Just Drive It - That is certainly the plan for a while and I will create a new "To Do" list as I go along.

Reply Count - I had been keeping my own manual record, until I discovered the forum did it automatically.
( Hover your mouse over the replies number until it is underlined, then click on it and a table of who posted pops up. )

Spare Time - I really hope that "real" work will occupy most of my spare time going forward.
Then I'd like to spend more time with my family, improve my fitness and catch up on everything else I've neglected.

WelshOne - You deserve a mention, as 100% of your forum posts have been on my build thread.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Giving Up:
Regular readers will know that I have experienced several low points during this build.

So the thought of giving up completely has certainly crossed my mind more than once.

I posted these old photos from May 2013 earlier this year and it was complete chaos.

This is when I had to make a commitment to my Frankenstein Hillbilly project plan.

As I really could not think of a better way of putting this big jigsaw puzzle all back together.

But the biggest issue with maintaining motivation was the sheer scale of work required.

Again, I've posted this photo before, but it really summed up the never ending nature of the workload.

Actually, I dread to think how many hours I have sunk into this project.

But the really good news is that the final car looks miles better than I could ever have expected.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Apparently, I will be going to the dump/recycling centre at 8am this morning.
( So I guess my spare time is already being allocated chores. )

Mind you, while I'm there, I will ask if I can use their weigh bridge for the Swordfish.

So I'd better go, cheers, Paul.