View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2016, 19:00

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Scottie - Thanks, if I can get my paint to look as good as yours I'd be very happy.

Phil - I am seriously looking forward to finally joining up with the three Norfolk Musketeers.

Lancelot Link - I'll happily take any comparison with a DB3S.

But I seriously can't believe the sheers number of positive comments I've had already.

Normally, I wouldn't pay much attention to anything said by someone with their "pants" on show over their jeans.

But "Your car is wicked blood!" did make me laugh.

Mr T & RedRatBike - Cheers chaps.

Roadster - Well I still haven't managed to get out of 3rd gear yet.

Plus the engine was rebuilt by the previous owner, so I'll rack up a few more easy miles before really revving it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thursday Evening:
The sun was still shining when I got back from the office, so I arranged to pick my mate up in the Swordfish.

Came across a perfect photo opportunity on the way there...

Before putting the new wider radiator and free flowing grille to the test, as we got stuck in traffic on the way home.

Thankfully, the temperature gauge only just creeped up over the half way mark, so that bodes well.

The car was back under the covers before we went for a few beers.

Friday:
Real work all day and it was a wet evening, so no further car driving adventures.

Although the postman delivered my shiny steering wheel centre.

Head Height:
I got my wife to take this picture yesterday, so I could compare my set up with a couple of Sammio Spyders.

Paul L - 5' 8".

Mister Towel is 5' 11"

Mulberry - 5' 10"

I think Mr T has the best set up, but I'm happy enough with mine.

On The Road vs. Build Thread:
I checked back on those people with both a build & on the road thread (Mr T, DaveCymru, Scottie, etc.).

All of their build threads covered painting, so my "on the road" thread will have to wait until after I've painted this.
( Which may be some time. )

However, it was definitely the right call to rack up some miles in it before starting final body work prep.

As there are already "lumps" appearing in the bodywork as the car gets more use/abuse.

Until next time, take care, Paul.