View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:01

89Rallye is on a distinguished road

Not much to update the last few weeks, working in between shifts I've been slowly beavering away at the seemingly never ending list of jobs to do and just when you list is completed there's quickly another.

I've now got all the electrics buttoned up, have to say getting the horn to work off the steering wheel was a nightmare! The previous owner has it on a switch from the dash but I wanted it back on the new horn push. Involved a lot of head scratching but it worked out to be a worn steer bearing in the column and the column was badly adjusted/aligned when fitted (from factory). Basically the wheel kept on earthing out on the metal cowling, so it took some filing, new bearing and all was good in the end.

Everything's now working how it should expect for a big one in that it's charging. I'm putting this down to a fault Dynamo, but I do have a spare alternator which I was planning on using on another project but needs must I guess.

All gauges and warning lights now working, I don't like the fact the fuel gauge doesn't match but I can sort this at a later date. It's temperamental anyway so will need changing.

Seatbelts in, all the trim back on and there was only one thing left for it off for the mot.

Which I'm happy to say she passed with no advisories and nothing needed apart from the near side headlight was out of adjustment.

My mate dropped it off for me so no photos, I did want a nice one of the underside while it was up on the ramp lol

The piece of paper is all that matters though,

So onto hopefully the final list, I've managed to have a drive around in it now and can say only one thing and that it's terrifyingly quick and seems to bounce a lot obviously due to its light weight body, so this is something that'll need addressing. Might be able to go a touch lower at the front which might help.

I've got the interior to finish off and the wheels to polish but I'm sure there'll be more to add to that lol

Need to sort out a supplier for carpets if anyone can help?

Last edited by 89Rallye; 22nd June 2016 at 11:04..