View Single Post
Old 30th November 2016, 12:11

Nostromo is on a distinguished road

Started off with some simple bits. Cutting holes and vents, mostly by hand with a pad saw. I didn't fancy using power tools on it as I was worried about shattering any of the fiberglass with the vibrations. Apart from the round holes that is. Have also set about rubbing down the mould lines and just trying to get it smooth(ish). Removing all of the yellow waxy stuff has been a bit of a mission too!

Cutting the roof away from the rear section was terrifying!! Again, all by hand.

Dug these out of the recycle bin at work as they have what I reckon will be a big enough footprint to make something to hinge the rear clam off of the hard top.

Got hold of some old skool Konigs (for £60!!!! ) which ought to look pretty good. Not sure whether to go white or bronze.

I've bought quite a few other bits and pieces for it - lights, rose joints, new cat, little engine mods. Theres probably more but its all up on a shelf which I can't reach to dissuade me from working on the main bit which is to get everything fitted right. The plan will be to build an exhaust so it can be really flipping noisy. It will literally be all show and no go until I can afford to either go for a turbo kit or theres been a lot of talk of fitting Golf 1.8T BAM lumps which would be a great install!

And that's pretty much it so far. Its flipping freezing in my garage which is made of wood and one side was rotten and pretty much fell off the other day So, i'm also having to put money into the house and the garage too... so that sucked.

Last edited by Nostromo; 2nd September 2017 at 00:21..