View Single Post
Old 19th May 2016, 08:14

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericholm View Post
Wow, you are certainly motoring on, you won't believe how quickly you can get it roadworthy. Thanks for the pictures as well, looks like you are dodging the rain showers.

I am really interested in the gas struts as I need a good fix for that so would love to see it working when you have all of the lights, etc on it. Are you putting spots into the grill area, or bumpers? Also are they a like for like in terms of position and fitting?

Ha ha, I just read that you are covering something I haven't, there will be plenty of those for sure, my boot hinges are external and yes it took loads of time measuring before nervously drilling the right location

Will be following the build closely as we can all still learn things, for sure.

All the best,

The struts are a straight swap, the only difference is that the rod is 10mm rather than 8mm to take the extra pressure. The old struts will only just support the weight of the front end without the bonnet. With the bonnet and grill assembly in pace the new struts hold the front open easily, more than enough force left to allow for the spotlights. As I mentioned previously it also has enough lift that when pop the bonnet and release the bonnet catch the front rises with no effort. Before I was pulling hard on the bonnet and realise at the same time and was still struggling to get the bonnet open. No need to bother with Land Rover bonnet springs.
Another 10 minute job.