View Single Post
Old 26th February 2012, 16:48

tlrtone is on a distinguished road

What a fantastic weekend for building a Sammio!
The weather was great all weekend, so I made it my goal to get the chassis welded and painted.

I started off with this (and even this is after about a gallon of nitromors and lots of scraping)

IMG_0771a.jpg

Yesterday I welded and got the grinder out to flatten out some of the previous patches that had been blobbed on. So by the end of Saturday I ended up looking like this....

IMG_0778a.jpg

So today was just about getting it painted and ready for the build next weekend. This is what it looks like now...

IMG_0788a.jpg

During the week I did get some more bits into the lounge to paint, so the car is slowily making its way into the house bit by bit.

Hopefully this week I will get the last few bits painted so it is all ready to go together.

I did also start to have a look at the engine, although I just got some foaming Gunk stuff that actually worked really well! The sump gasket and the rocker cover gasket were both leaking so there was a lot of oil and crud to remove!

IMG_0785a.jpg

I am hoping to get the chassis together next weekend and then on to getting the floorboards in and the frame on so I can get on with the few mods I am planning.