Thread: Auburn ?
View Single Post
Old 5th January 2017, 05:38

Paul L is on a distinguished road

The Ebay advert has been updated with some more details:

Tribute Automotive - AUBURN SPEEDSTER replica bodyshell.

This replica of the Art Deco era 1934-1936 Auburn 851 Speedster is available, made to order, in white gel coated fibreglass as shown. Other pictures show original and kustom built examples and concepts.

This listing is for a body shell and panels only, as shown, which can be fitted to various existing chassis'. Donor vehicles that have been used previously on U.S. Auburn replicas are various Lincoln/Dodge/Chrysler/Chevys that have a
wheelbase of 126". Another option is to use a chassis from pick up trucks such as the Ford Ranger /Mazda B series (117" wheelbase/shorten the body) or Nissan Navara (126" wheelbase). The Ranger/Mazda can be found in 2WD and shares the same track width as the Auburn. If using an unmodified existing chassis the finished vehicle will be classed as a "re body" by the DVLA and will be exempt from an IVA test.

Metal trim items such as windscreen frame, badges, door hinges will also be available shortly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now I remember posting this photo on the "What would you like Chris to build you?" thread.

And this was part of Chris's reply at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute Automotive View Post
… But the boat tail Auburn above has always been my favourite car...
So I hope Chris will be building one of these for himself at some point.

Unfortunately, even if I just suggested another kit car project at this time, I would be risking death, or at the very least a "Bobbitt".

But I hope this project is another success for Tribute.

Good luck, Paul.