View Single Post
Old 1st November 2011, 12:53
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktree11 View Post
Thanks Mike - that really does look the business and it has to be good to cut down on the complication.
What did you do for HP pump and filter and locations?
Did you use flexi piping the whole way, and for the return line?
Thanks, John
I spoke to Sytec who seem to know what they are talking about, and they advised getting the pump below the tank to ensure it never ran dry, as the pumps will fail very quickly if allowed to run dry.
It seemed sensible to me to have a filter between the tank and the high pressure pump, and then I used the donor filter after the pump and prior to the injection rail. (Not sure it will really do anything, but it can do no harm).
I have used copper pipe along the transmission tunnel for the high pressure and return, but will have to wait and see what they say at the IVA test, which is now at least on the horizon for next year.

Filter (Blue) above the high pressure pump. Since taking these photos I have been frightened in to replacing the flexible fuel pies with rubber pipes marked as suitable for use with fuel. If anyone fails IVA on the copper pipe before I submit mine I will have to follow suit then, but do not intend to otherwise.

My fuel pump is below the normal seat base, but I have made a 65mm seat recess in my floor to allow Audi A4 seats to be fitted. This recess then shields the pump totally from road debris.