View Single Post
Old 30th September 2005, 12:52

Strolls is on a distinguished road

I hadn't believed that the 1800 was only available except as VVT, but I'll look out for one in that case.

I understood that the cat decreased power & that it was common, if illegal, to remove them between MOTs. But surely if the engine is tuned with one exhaust, fitting the other will likely affect emissions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Biker
Ideally you want a car that they will sell as repairable salvage.
The 'Q' plate will mean that you will not be able to fit a private plate etc and it may reduce the desireability of the car.
I honestly don't give a toss about a private plate or the resale value - I'm certainly not planning to sell it on in a hurry.

But I would like the complete car for the reasons you mention. Is it common or difficult to find "repairable salvage" donors? I got the impression that the breaker I spoke to wasn't particularly sympathetic - if he did have a car that he could have legally sold me as complete & with logbook, he wouldn't be interested in doing so... perhaps simply because he didn't normally work that way. Are all breakers under the similar restrictions? Presumably the "repairable salvage" designation is up to the insurance company?

Stroller.