Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 7th December 2011, 21:41
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road
Default E=Mc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey V8 Pete View Post
Not looked inside my master cylinder to check bore but raised number 23 on casting maybe 23mm? From Google I found the following DLJ website link
http://www.dlj-autoparts.com/eng/pro...e=list&cid=485
which lists several master cylinders including one of 23mm bore which is for a Mondeo! Peter.
Peter

I suspect your master cylinder is a part of your brake issue. Peterux has said his MC is 19mm. If you calculate the surface area of the two you will see his has 30% less area than yours, therefore the same pedal pressures in your two cars will produce 30% different psi at the brakes, assuming the pedal ratios are the same. The servo will be diluted in your car too.

I am not too happy either, as my Cabrio has a 22mm MC, which means 25% more effort than Peterux pedal pressure. This may well explain why Peterux says he could lock his brakes up.
I believe Jason has a Ford type MC, so it would be interesting to know what size MC he has, as he says he could not lock his brakes up, prior to fitting the Dual servo.

try dropping your own numbers in to the calculations I have made and see how the different sized MC makes a big difference.

Of course the flip side of a smaller MC is that the pedal will travel further to get the same brake pad movement. So it will be a play off between pedal effort and pedal travel.

Do you currently get very limited brake pedal travel?

Mike