Thread: reg help
View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:46
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaa53 View Post
Andy

As MartinClan indicated (MoT not actually required, by preference for me as an independent check) IVA, VIC and then register.

As a time line:-
• IVA will be 3-4 months to request and complete with one retest,
• to get the registration paperwork right and submitted about 2 months (I visited the DVLA office 3 times before it was acceptable to me (to get what I wanted) and to the desk officer, each visit was 3 hours parking and waiting with 3 minutes at the desk,
• VIC will be 3-6 weeks
• Generally Registration about 3-4 weeks.

Remember that you have to have a valid insurance certificate (this should be forward dated) with the registration application as they issue 6 or 12 months tax with the plate manufacture certificate.

You are right to do the pre planning as it took me 6 months from holding the SVA to legally driving the car on the road.

Building the car is one project getting it legal on the road is the second.

eaa53

I think that is unusually long?

I had my number plates on my car fully registered 3 weeks after my SVA test and i didn't start the registration process until after my SVA test was passed.
Mine was an age related single donor build so maybe that is more straight forward but i doubt it.

You need to start your insuarance before your SVA/IVA test if you are planning to drive the car to the VOSA test centre.

Good luck with you build

cheers

Peter