Thread: Running reports
View Single Post
Old 10th October 2010, 16:27
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

I've not been in the garage much this summer what with work and other things keeping me busy.
I think I was getting withdrawal symptoms and after seeing Patrick's car again in Completekitcar my interest in an M20B28 conversion was re-ignited. I've completely aborted ay idea of getting the M52 fitted. Aside from the dasterdly fiendish immobilser (which I was determined to beat) I decided the amount of oil sludge in the engine, it just wasn't worth the effort. The plan is to break the M52 for parts and recoup my losses selling the individual parts.

Anyway, back to my latest engine purchase (yes, I have three now!). It's a lowish mileage M2025 from 1988. The plan is to strip it, clean it and convert using a M50B28 crank and M20B20 crank rods.
So far i've collected the crank and some conrods. After a day in the garage, the engine dissmantling has begun and the engine is off the pallet and now mounted on the engine stand.

Another M20 Engine by marlinpeter, on Flickr
Progress is expected to be slow with a hope to fit the engine next year sometime.

....peter