View Single Post
Old 14th March 2017, 21:26

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
Word from Chris is that the 275 is on hold, so it's another 250 or Cobra. Not sure if the enthusiasm is there for either and Brian is no longer selling the 2fifty as a kit as he can't cope with all the orders, don't blame him.
I don't blame either of them ... Chris has enough products and workload for now with his current range ..If I was him , I would hold off on development until (if) some of the current range slow down a bit ...Development is time consuming and expensive as well as stressful and customers will always want something different if you suggest you are flexible ... He works bloody hard coping with what he has now , production is full time for Tribute and they still take projects on board too .....

I suspect that part of Brian's decision is workload , but also I think , the best way he can secure the strong turnkey prices of these cars is by keeping them fairly exclusive and not having that turnkey price forced down by home-built examples entering the market place .... It's a position most kit suppliers would love to be in , but for most , regular income and turnover dictates the sale of kits to survive ..