View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2017, 08:05

smash is on a distinguished road

Geoff - car looks fabulous! I'm already softening Jeff up to maybe get the front redone on mine - and no, it's absolutely not why everyone is thinking...as I've discovered, a year is a long time in the lifespan of Tribute GRP and mine is sinking a lot at the front. There's a wide band of pulling all round the separate bonnet panel (where the inner skin is bonded - WTF was the point of putting an inner skin on anyway?) and both that panel and the scuttle on the front clip have matting pattern starting to show its outlines through the paint.

Dash looks great - if you've ever priced up a set of clocks let alone custom ones I'd say they don't look expensive. It's horses for courses I guess - what would people expect to pay? A lot of people were asking for a dash - hard to comment on photos but it looks true and appears to have a functional locking glove box. If it's a decent bit of GRP i.e. hasn't changed shape in a years time(!) then it doesn't seem a bad investment for such a radical change in the interior look.