Thread: wiring madness
View Single Post
Old 29th April 2005, 20:58
Enthusiast

holgate86 is on a distinguished road
Default fuse boxes

Hi Mike, It sounds like your loom is very similar to mine, the 2 fuse boxes sound the same, the one in the engine compartment is rectangular shaped with the corner cut off, and the main one is mounted to the right of the steering column. I have mounted the engine fuse box just in front of the brake servo between fuel tank and radiator. I have not fitted Marlins own side panels and if you intend to fit these you may have to alter its position. The main fuse box mounts in the same place as the donor, I have temporarily bungeed it up there. If you have any bare wires just use electicians tape to insulate. The engine compartment fuse box is open to weather underneath so it would be advisable to seal it, I have used a piece of pond liner material and silicone. The other advantage of using donor loom by the way is standard wiring diagrams and fuse locations from donor will apply. If I have time I will try and take some pictures of my installation. The two main colours in the harness to remember by the way, blacks are earths, browns are live. Good luck with it Mike. Brian.