Thread: Toms Tribute
View Single Post
Old 9th July 2012, 15:33

archer5830 is on a distinguished road
Default Toms tribute, Starting project

So, when you watch you tube or any video showing you how its done, take my word it looks easier than it is.
Hi guys i have had an exiting week recieving all my parts, havnt had much sleep however as they were delivered in afternoons, (i work nights) but the excitment kept me up too.
I have decided to work on the mechanical parts of car at weekends and im booking a week off work to put the body on.
So after working a night shift friday night i was keen to get started so went straight to my old mans where the car is.
I got the car up onto axle stands and started striping wheels, brakes, and suspension, right side first. I have replaced most parts and have removed rust and repainted with an underseal which makes the arches look brand new, well chuffed.
This was exctremely difficult on my own and i did need help from my dad at some points however when he was not available i was very creative with a rope and crowbar. If you want me to explain more if your doing same i will happily go into detail.
My calipers were looking tatty so decided to paint them, apparently red makes your car go faster, time will tell.
I also changed the brake pads, front pads were easy and you tube got me through that one, different story on rear pads, i had to call mechanic friend to advise and show me on one set so i could then do the left hand rear. after all im doing this to learn so the more i do myself the better.
so after one weekend ive change the suspension, pads and discs and given arches and wishbones a good clean up, oh this is as well as trying to help organize my wedding with my fiance rachael, we`ve chosen peach and cream flowers if your interested.
will upload more pics as soon as ive posted this, can only do 5 at a time.
take care guys and will post more next weekend.
thanks
Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mx51.jpg (29.6 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg mx52.jpg (20.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg mx53.jpg (27.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg mx54.jpg (21.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg mx55.jpg (25.5 KB, 28 views)